Today's first helping of bites comes from MB of mbpalaver.com.
1. Wahoo crudo with a mini mint leaf at Hook
2. Crispy skate wing à la Jacqueline (pictured at right) with garlic spinach at Brasserie Beck
3. "Gaspacho" estilo Morelia (salad of jicama root, mango, cucumbers, jalapenos and Mexican sour orange) at Oyamel
4. Pea fritters with tomato chutney at Curry Club
5. Cherry cheesecake with balsamic-cherry compote and graham cracker tuile at Ardeo
Bill Walsh (pictured at right), national copy desk chief at The Washington Post and proprietor of The Slot: A Spot for Copy Editors, offers up the next set of well-edited bites.
1. Bacon-apple biscuit from the bread service at PS 7's
2. Barbecue pork bun at Banh Mi DC Sandwich
3. Four-way Cincinnati chili at Hard Times Cafe
4. The House Special (New York strip au poivre with brandy-mushroom cream sauce and bleu cheese crumbles) at Ray's the Classics
5. Saltenas at My Bakery Cafe (Alexandria)
Join the fun and tell Metrocurean readers which dishes you're enjoying around town by e-mailing five of your favorite dishes or drinks and whether you'd like your name and a picture included to metrocurean AT gmail DOT com.
(Beck photo by Len dePas.)