Five Bites On Friday
The view from Volt's Table 21
Photo courtesy the Dapper Diner
The Dapper Diner, who offered a fine dining smorgasbord in his first Five Bites, is back for another round. "I decided to try out some 'destination' DC restaurants — The Inn at Little Washington and Volt. And then I stopped by a few of my regular favorites."
1. "Sin in a Tin" (American Ossetra caviar with crab and cucumber rillette hidden under the caviar) from The Inn at Little Washington
2. "000" (puff pastry with cream, oysters and caviar) from Restaurant Eve's tasting room
3. "Frozen" foie gras with onion consomme and balsamic vinegar from Volt's new Table 21
4. Oxtail with Brussels sprouts from Central
5. Dragon's breath popcorn at the Minibar
Five Bites is a place for Metrocurean readers to share all the delicious things they've been eating and drinking. E-mail five of your favorites and whether you'd like your name and a picture included to metrocurean AT gmail DOT com.