Chef Five Bites: Cathal Armstrong
This week Metrocurean kicks off an exciting new feature — Chef Five Bites. You'll get the inside scoop on where DC's finest chefs eat in their off-hours, from fine dining to fast food.
For this very special launch week only, I'll post a list from a chef each and every day. Then, every Friday for the next few months, you can look for Metrocurean's regularly scheduled reader Five Bites, followed by a chef's Five Bites posted at noon.
Without further ado, Dublin-born chef Cathal Armstrong, of Restaurant Eve, Eamonn's A Dublin Chipper, PX and The Majestic, gets us started with some of his favorite bites.
1. Fried fish with hot chili sauce from Duangrat's
2. Fish, chips and a pint at Eamonn's
3. Sausage rigatoni and any bottle of Italian Barolo that Michael Nayeri recommends at A la Lucia
4. Gambas al ajillo with extra aioli at Jaleo
5. Bulgogi at Lotte (after visiting the Harley Store)
Five Bites is a place for Metrocurean readers — and now DC's top chefs — to share all the delicious things they've been eating and drinking. E-mail five of your favorites and whether you'd like your name and a picture included to metrocurean AT gmail DOT com.