Savory Style: Eco Chic
In honor of Earth Day this Wednesday, Savory Style takes a look at some stylish and eco-friendly items for your home.
1. These gorgeous carafes are made using recycled glass in a furnace powered by wind energy. Off Pitcher, Branchhome.com, $168
2. A spork. Made from organically grown bamboo. Damn cute. Bambu sporks, Greater Goods (1626 U St. NW), $2.50 apiece
3. I adore the smell of the basil blue sage Caldrea cleaning products, made from plant-based ingredients and essential oils. A little kitchen luxury that makes doing the dishes almost enjoyable. Caldrea Basil Blue Sage dish soap and hand soap, Home Rule (1807 14th St. NW), $9-$12.50
4. Made from renewable and recyclable materials, this wine rack holds up to six standard wine bottles and collapses flat. Six pack wine rack, Elsewares.com, $40
5. The Green Glass Company takes bottles headed for the landfill and turns them into funky glassware. Boylan's and Rolling Rock glasses, Go Mama Go (1809 14th St. NW), $8
Savory Style is a new occasional weekend feature highlighting great style and cool products for your kitchen, tabletop and home.