Chef Five Bites: Vatche Benguian
Vatche Benguian, chef de cuisine at the Kennedy Center's Roof Terrace Restaurant, has been in the DC dining scene since 1978. He has worked at such restaurants as Les Halles, Blue Duck Tavern and La Colline. Here are his five bites.
1. Crispy skate wing à la Jacqueline with garlic and spinach at Brassiere Beck
2. Duck fat fries at Blue Duck Tavern
3. Charcuterie plate at Central
4. Classic Spanish custard with "espuma" of Catalan cream and oranges at Jaleo
5. Wood-grilled Mediterranean sardines at BlackSalt
Previous Chef Five Bites: Cathal Armstrong, Dani Arana, David Guas, Josh Short, Michel Richard, Haidar Karoum, Ryan Morgan, Shannon Overmiller, Anthony Chittum, Jonathan Krinn & Jon Mathieson, Victor Albisu