Savory Style: The Life Aquatic
I've been kickin' it at the beach this past week (shh, don't tell the blog), so Savory Style phones it in from the North Carolina coast with these sea-worthy kitchen and tabletop items.
1. You can't swing a home decor mag these days without smacking into a coral trend round-up. Overdone or not, I love the offset print on these melamine plates. Coral melamine salad plates, Vivre.com, set of four, $35
2. These pearly capiz shells are meant to be place cards, but I'm not much for assigned seats, so I'd sprinkle them down the length of a table for a little ocean glamour. Capiz shell place cards, PlumParty.com, set of 25, $8
3. Over the years down on the NC coast, I've waited vigilantly by sea turtle nests at night, flashlight in hand, for turtle hatchings. We caught one laying eggs once, which was amazing. This tray reminds me of all those memories. Thomas Paul sea life tray, Velocity, $18
4. These verdant glasses subtly suggest a swaying sea. Simrin kelp drinkware, Velocity, set of four, $32
5. Moby Dick, anyone? I adore the vintage-looking print on this glass tray. Decoupaged glass whale tray, Jayson Home and Garden, $112
6. This playful squid whisk looks like it'd make easy work of whipping cream. Pylones Nemo whisk, Hill's Kitchen (713 D St. SE), $24.95
Savory Style is an occasional weekend feature highlighting great style and cool products for your kitchen, tabletop and home.