Delicious Deal: Buy A Drink For A Chance To Win Rammy Tickets
Ever wondered what happens when DC's restaurant industry is turned loose in tuxes and gowns, packed into a ballroom and treated to an open bar?
You could win the chance to see just what happens and party with the chefs at the annual Rammy awards gala June 6.
Here's the deal: Nominees in the brand new Mixology and Beverage Program category are mixing up special cocktails at their bars through June 3. Order one of the drinks and be entered to win two tickets to the Rammys. Here's where you'll find the Casablanca-themed cocktails, a nod to this year’s gala theme “We’ll Always Have … Restaurants” ...
• Brasserie Beck: Damian Torguson has created the Appertivo cocktail made with Tres Generaciones Tequila, Campari, sour mix, ginger ale, finished with a cinnamon and Hawaiian sea salt rim and an orange peel garnish. $11
• PX: Todd Thrasher is serving a seasonal take on “spiked” iced tea called the Grog made with Mount Gay Extra Old Rum, lemon verbena tea, fresh lemon juice and lemon bitters. $12
• Founding Farmers: Jon Arroyo created the Play it Again, Jim using Jim Beam Rye whiskey, fresh squeezed lime juice, Luxardo Maraschino, Grenadine, Angostura bitters and a grilled pineapple garnish. $10
• PS 7’s: Gina Chersevani crafted the Bittersweet Ilsa cocktail, named after one of Casablanca’s main characters, with Absolut Vodka, Campari, raw honey, cinnamon, rose and marigold tea, fresh grapefruit juice and an edible flower garnish. $10
• Tabard Inn: Chantal Tseng is stirring up the Casablanca Crusta cocktail with Plymouth Gin, Cointreau, chamomile honey syrup, fresh lemon juice and Dash Bitter Truth aromatic bitters, garnished with a sugar rim, lemon peel and sprig of mint. $10