Restaurant Openings Galore
Keeping you updated on the restaurant news you'll want to know ...
• Yes, people, we are getting more burgers (and just a few blocks off Red Meat Row). Chipotle-chile-loving celeb chef Bobby Flay has signed a lease at 2121 K St. NW to bring Bobby's Burger Palace to DC, reports Missy Frederick in the Washington Business Journal. Flay also told Nycci and David Nellis on their radio show Foodie and the Beast that he's looking in Bethesda and Tysons for more locations.
• WaPo's Tom Sietsema has an update on the forthcoming Jack Rose, which is taking over a former gym space at 2007 18th St. NW. Bill Thomas of Bourbon is partnering on the new restaurant with chef Michael Hartzer, who previously cooked at Citronelle, Ray's the Classics, Viridian and, most recently, the late IndeBleu.
• Ray's the Steaks' Michael Landrum is reportedly working on a new bakery and coffeeshop Ryse, and Washingtonian's Todd Kliman has some details in his chat.
• Equinox's Todd and Ellen Gray are getting under way on plans for their second restaurant Watershed in the new Constitution Square building at 1st and M streets NE. Tim Carman checked out the new site and got some details on the project's scope.
• Among the new generation of food trucks, the Fojol Bros.
were one of DC's first and are arguably still the most novel (and mustachioed) concept.
To complement their Indian food truck (from the mythical land of
Merlindia) comes a second truck serving Ethiopian fare from ...
Benethiopia. (Don't question, just go with it.) The GOG Blog has more on the wots and injera the truck is dishing up.
• The first of several DC-area Crumbs Bake Shops opens Saturday Nov. 13 at 604 11th St. NW.
Stay tuned to Metrocurean for opening news on DC-3 (this week!), Ba Bay (a few weeks!) and Bayou Bakery (very soon!).
Check in with RESTAURANT WATCH for a regularly updated list of openings.