Keeping you updated on the city's top food news...
• I love good bao, the pillowy little Chinese steamed buns. A new food truck dubbed People's Bao (@PeoplesBao) will bring the Asian specialty to DC's streets. Peter He tells Metrocurean that he hopes to get his truck
rolling around February or early March. The truck will serve
Taiwanese-style open bao — as opposed to the closed style — which will
allow the filling of meats and veggies to be customized on the truck.
Stay tuned for more details.
• Once upon a time, Metrocurean slung beers at the Brickskeller (my first job in DC).The legendary beer bar has been sold and the new owners are looking for a new name, according to WTOP. They say they don't plan to change much else.
• Chef Gillian Clark plans to open the Kitchen on K a few blocks from Union Station. Tim Carman reports from his new gig over at the Washington Post.
• Also from Carman, banh mi truck Rebel Heroes has ceased operations and the owners sold the truck to the new Big Cheese.
• H Street NE's latest, Smith Commons,
has set a Dec. 21 opening date. Belgian chef Frederik De Pue is
planning an internationally inspired menu offering such dishes as penne
carbonara, fish and chips, and wood-grilled tiger prawns.
• Matchbox Rockville — the pizza restaurant's fourth and largest location — opened this weekend at 1699 Rockville Pike.
• Arlington Rooftop Bar and Grill is now open at 2424 Wilson Blvd.
• The Quarterdeck is sticking around after all, says TBD.
Check out DC SCOOP for more delicious news.Keeping you updated on the city's top food news...Check out DC SCOOP for more delicious news.