5 Local Beers To Drink Now
Editor's note: Guest contributor THF chimes in with five local beers you should be drinking now.
DC is quickly becoming a haven for beer lovers. This year has
brought brewing back to the District — several new operations are slated
to open soon — and has seen multiple breweries in the suburbs so far.
Between the city's downtown brewpubs and the influx of new
microbreweries, the choices of fresh beer are nearly endless. Here are
five local beer picks:
1. 80 Shilling from Mad Fox Brewing Company in Falls Church
2. Optimal Witbier from Port City Brewing Company in Alexandria
3. Belgian Abbey-style seasonal from Capitol City Brewing Company in DC
4. Nut Brown Ale from District Chophouse and Brewery in DC
5. Old Rag Mountain Ale from Shenandoah Brewing Company in Alexandria
THF is a Penn Quarter resident who has enjoyed a wide variety of beverages on a number of continents. His blog, The Hip Flask, celebrates the culture of drinking in a thoughtful, deliberate manner.