Keeping you updated on the city's top food news...
• The long-vacant space at 2001 14th St. NW come spring will house Lost Society,
a "boutique steakhouse" on the second and third floors. Expect a menu
featuring local grass-fed local meat and regional seafood, as well as a
bar, lounge and rooftop deck.
• Spike Mendelsohn was grabbing headlines last week. The Top Chef All-Star contestant is franchising his popular Capitol Hill burger joint Good Stuff Eatery, with more locations in the works for DC. He's also collaborating on a new kosher food truck, 6th and Rye, reports the Feast. (Watch the chef teach me to make Good Stuff's signature mayos on the VIDEO page.)
• Coffeeshop Pound The Hill soft opened today at 621 Pennsylvania Ave. SE. Full service begins March 14. CityStream has more.
• The owners of Bourbon are now eying mid-April for the opening of Jack Rose, a cocktail bar and upscale restaurant helmed by chef Michael Hartzer, reports Fritz Hahn on the GOG Blog. He also has an update on H Street NE's Toki Underground.
• Banana Leaves has closed due to a damaging fire. Prince of Petworth has more.
Check out SCOOP for more of the food news you need to know.Keeping you updated on the city's top food news...