Confections. His shop sells gorgeous chocolates topped with modern graphic designs by local artists. He
explored his love of fine chocolate at the Culinary Institute of America
in New York, where he graduated with honors from the pastry program, before working as a pastry chef in top DC restaurants.
Half of the proceeds from Artisan Confections' cherry blossom boxes benefit disaster relief in Japan.
And take note: Buy a nine-piece Cherry Blossom box, available through April 10, and 50 percent goes to Japanese relief efforts.
These are Andelman's bites...
1. Large bowl of pho (#12) with my wife and kids at Pho 75
2. Pistachio gelato at Dolcezza
3. Chicken kabob with chickpeas at Ravi Kabob
4. Mussels with blue cheese and a bowl of frites at Granville Moore's
5. Cup of coffee and any breakfast muffin at Northside Social
Where do DC's top chefs eat when they're not on the clock? Find out in CHEF 5 BITES.