Keeping you updated on the city's top food news...
• Mike Isabella may not have taken the title of Top Chef in last week's Bravo finale, but his pepperoni sauce might just take over the world. It seems to be getting more press than any famous Top Chef dish. And yes, he does plan to serve it on the menu at Graffiato.
• Tom Sietsema reports that famed New York restaurateur Danny Meyer of Union Square Hospitality is bringing four concepts to revamp the concessions at Nationals Stadium, including Shake Shack. The Shake Shack planned for 1216 18th St. NW is also on target for a summer opening.
• Toki Underground has finally opened at 1234 H St. NE, dishing up bowls of ramen and dumplings.
• The first PBS show for DC-based Mexican chef and cooking teacher Pati Jinich, Pati's Mexican Table, premiered on WETA this weekend. Tune in at 11:30 a.m. on Saturdays to catch the vibrant cooking show and its ebullient host.
• Sommelier Matthew Carroll (2941, Inn at Little Washington) has joined RJ Cooper's team for the forthcoming Rogue 24 in Blagden Alley.
• Eddie Moran, who most recently cooked at Charleston's Mercato, is the new chef de cuisine at Sou'Wester.
Check out SCOOP for more of the food news you need to know.
Check out SCOOP for more of the food news you need to know.Check out SCOOP for more of the food news you need to know.