Scoop: Food News Round-Up
Keeping you updated on the city's top food news...
• Although our fair city was passed over in the Best Chef Mid-Atlantic category (Philly chef Michael Solomonov of Zahav took the honor), DC's own José Andrés brought home one of the James Beard Foundation's most prestigious awards, Outstanding Chef. In the whole country. Oh, yeah.
• Top Chef All-Star alum Mike Isabella has inked a deal for a cookbook dubbed "Flavors from a Jersey Italian," due out in fall 2012. The chef's new restaurant Graffiato, meanwhile, is due to arrive in June.
• Bobby Flay will open a location of Bobby's Burger Palace in the Varsity building in College Park in September. The celeb chef also has a lease for another Burger Palace at 2121 K St. NW.
• Bethesda's new Pizzeria da Marco opens today and lines are probably already forming for free pizza. Check out the deal details here.
• In the space that formerly housed Gillian Clark's General Store (6 Post Office Rd. in Silver Spring), restaurateur Spiro Gioldasis plans to open Pacci’s Trattoria & Pasticceria by the end of June. The Italian restaurant will offer fresh pasta dishes, sandwiches, pizzas and homemade pastries, as well as an espresso bar. Gioldasis also owns Pacci’s Neapolitan Pizzeria and is the wine director and general manager of Mrs. K’s Toll House.
• Boasting an over-the-top interior with sparkling chandeliers, gold walls, red roses and some provocative political murals (let's say you may see more than you ever wanted of Clarence Thomas), Sax has opened on 11th Street. Read more in Metrocurean's Restaurant Watch.
Check out SCOOP for more of the food news you need to know.
Keeping you updated on the city's top food news...Check out SCOOP for more of the food news you need to know.