Scoop: Food News Round-Up
Keeping you updated on DC's most noteworthy food news...
• Chef Bryan Voltaggio is planning two new restaurants, one in his hometown of Frederick and one closer to DC in Chevy Chase, reports Tom Sietsema.
• Speaking of Top Chef alum, Mike Isabella announced that Graffiato will open June 23 in Chinatown. Menus for the Italian-inspired joint are now online. And in case you missed it, watch my interview with Isabella here.
• The GOG Blog reports on the early details for a new outdoor taqueria on U Street from Eric and Ian Hilton called El Rey. The post also mentions more taco news. So are lobster rolls the new burger or tacos?
• Renew Shaw spies a fun sign promising "Good Food Coming Soon" outside Tom Power's forthcoming restaurant on Ninth Street NW. The Corduroy chef is opening a casual spot next door called Velour. Best Bites has more details.
• A liquor license application has been posted for a new Tortilla Coast, opening in the former paint store at 15th and P streets. The Capitol Hill eatery is known for its nightly specials and pitchers of frozen margaritas.
• Baseball fans have a few more food options now that Union Square Hospitality's Shake Shack, El Verano Taqueria, Blue Smoke and Box Frites are dishing up meals at Nationals Stadium.