Great Urban Gardens: Mark Smith, Capitol Hill NE
The garden: Mark Smith's Capitol Hill NE front yard plot
What's growing: Potatoes, beets, carrots, lettuce, chard, collard greens, tomatoes, corn, beans, squash, basil, rosemary, oregano, mint, sage
Urban gardening tips:
• Start simple and work your way up.
• Your thumb gets greener as you go. No excuses.
• Get free consulting from your local garden center, garden clubs, etc.
• There’s more space out there than you think. Talk to a neighbor about using their unused green space.
• Just do it!
Have a great urban garden you'd like showcased? Find details on submitting your plot here.
More from Metrocurean's Great Urban Gardens series:
• Chris Floyd's Capitol Hill yard
• The Chatham's Truxton Circle plot
• Michelle Miller's LeDroit Park roof and patio garden
Have a great urban garden you'd like showcased?