Scoop: Food News Round-Up
• EatWell DC, who own Logan Tavern, Commissary, GrillFish and The Heights, are bringing a nose-to-tail restaurant to 14th Street in spring 2012. The Pig, located at 1320 14th St. NW, will feature produce from EatWell's farm in La Plata, Md., and pork from a Maryland producer.
• After selling her soups packed with local ingredients through a weekly delivery service, Soupergirl founder Sara Polon is opening her first store Sept. 7 in Takoma. The shop at 314 Carroll St. will sell Polon's vegan and Kosher soups and salads, made with seasonal ingredients from local farms, plus locally sourced breads and baked goods. Read more in Restaurant Watch.
• Clyde’s Restaurant Group has tapped Anthony Lombardo as the new head chef of 1789. He'll take the reins from departing chef Dan Giusti (who's heading to Copenhagen's Noma), this week. Lombardo was most recently executive sous chef at Casa Nonna.
• I like the sound of barbecue delivery. Hill Country recently started delivering its Texas-style brisket, ribs, sides and more around DC. Delivery is free with a minimum $20 order in the Penn Quarter neighborhood. A larger zone, stretching up to U Street, carries a $2.50 delivery fee and a minimum $50 order. Call 202.556.2045 for delivery areas and details.
• A Trip To Truckeroo
• Toast Summer's End With Frozen Drinks
• Food Truck Q&A: Red Hook Lobster Pound
Hey Metrocurean fans! We like you. Have you LIKED Metrocurean on Facebook?