Set The Table: Casual Fall Buffet
When it comes to hosting a dinner party, I love the casual simplicity of setting up a buffet-style table so guests can help themselves. To give you a little inspiration for hosting this season, I teamed up with two local talents, flower maven Sarah von Pollaro of Urban Petals and photog extraordinaire Moshe Zusman on this photo shoot.
So whether you're hosting a laid-back Thanksgiving feast for 15 or inviting a few friends over on a cold night for a hot meal, here's what you'll need to set the table:
1. Start with a neutral table covering. I used a white linen cloth and dressed it down with a burlap table runner. You could even buy a big piece of burlap at the fabric store and use that for a rustic tablecloth.
2. Go for simple white plates and pop your silverware into a jar for playful presentation and easy access.
3. Add a little fall color with cloth napkins (more chic and more eco-friendly than paper!). My go-to for affordable napkins (and all the great boho prints) is World Market.
4. For the flowers, Sarah whipped up a beautiful arrangement with flowers you can easily find at the grocery store, including snapdragons and spray roses. Find more tips for creating arrangements on her blog.
5. Finally grab some seasonal produce, like heirloom pumpkins and gourds, to add another layer of color and texture.
Looking for the perfect recipes to serve for a casual fall gathering? Try this delicious menu:
• Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili, served with sour cream and cilantro
• Cornbread Muffins
• Mesclun Salad with Glazed Pecans
• Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
• Vermilion's Falcon Punch