Chef Enzo Fargione is now serving multi-course tasting menus at his new Elisir.
Photo by Michael Palmer for Elisir
• Chef Enzo Fargione's fine dining Italian restaurant Elisir officially opened Wednesday at 427 11th St. NW. Deal seekers will want to check out the bar lunch, featuring a main course, dessert and non-alcoholic drink for $19. Read more of what's in store at the new restaurant over on WaPo's All We Can Eat.
• Serving as pipeline between Lancaster County, Pa.'s farm bounty and DC, Smucker Farms has opened its shop at 2118 14th St. NW. I recently picked up some raw milk cheddar cheese, Trickling Springs milk, pumpkin whoopie pies and apples. The market is selling fresh produce, eggs, meats, jams, pastas and soaps from small Pennsylvania farmers, who are primarily Amish and Mennonite.
• Pork Barrel BBQ opened its long-awaited restaurant in Del Ray this week. On the menu: ribs, brisket, pulled pork, chicken and sausage as a sandwich, platter or by the pound.
• I've been taking advantage of the never-ending fall by sitting in the sun on countless weekends devouring burgers and fried pickles at Standard. As the cold weather closes in, the barbecue beer garden is closing this Sunday for the season with plans to reopen March 1.
• Also on 14th Street, Bar Pilar is closed for renovations while a second floor is added. Read more about the expansion here. They're hoping to reopen in the new year.
• The modern Vietnamese restaurant Ba Bay has closed on Capitol Hill.