Savory Style: Put an Octopus On It
Did you catch the Portlandia sketch 'Put a bird on it'? The bit pokes fun at the hipster, Etsy-esque trend of putting birds on things to make them whimsical and artsy. I think octopi are the new bird. I find their undulating appendages mesmerizing, so why not let them wrap themselves around various home accessories?
1. Melamine dinner plates with vintage print, Etsy, set of four, $64
2. Octopus tote bag, $13.95, Etsy
3. De Vincennes dinner plate, $24, Anthropologie
4. Octopus tea towel, $22, Thomas Paul
5. Melamine bowl, $29.99, Thomas Paul