This morning, I held a blackberry that nearly filled the palm of my hand. I was tempted to get a knife to cut it into quarters to share. Summer at its finest.
It's peak blackberry season in the mid-Atlantic, and I've been relishing a steady supply from the farmers markets, my From the Farmer basket, and the massive tangle of bushes at the Eastern Shore bay house we rented.
So what to make? Oh, the possibilities are so delicious. Here's what I have my eye on:
* Blackberry Gin Fizz, Bon Appetit
* Blackberry and Prosciutto Salad, Saveur
* Blackberry Buttermilk Panna Cottas, Gourmet
* Best Blackberry Pie, Not Derby Pie
* Blackberry Rosemary Yogurt Pops, Food 52
What are you making with summer's berry bounty?