COOK } Red and White Currants
These tiny jewels were beckoning to me from a stall the new FreshFarm Market at Union Market this Sunday. Fresh currants are now in season, and I'm brainstorming ways to use them. They'd look stunning on a cheese plate, and they're deliciously tart alone (notice the empty stems above from my snacking).
Here's what else I'm eying:
• Red currant Champagne cocktail, Martha Stewart
• Sugar plum and currant crumb tart, Canelle et Vanillle
• Strawberry pie with currant glaze, Bon Appetit
• Red currant jam, David Lebovitz
• Red Riding Hood cocktail, Saveur