District Doughnut's brown butter doughnut at Union Market,
with a little urban astroturf pumpkin patch in the background.
Where did October go? I was just beginning to embrace these crisp, cool days dotted with pumpkin sightings and now the calendar rolls over into November. But I'll be keeping the pumpkins around post jack o' lantern with favorite fall recipes from the archives (plus a few other goodies you should be making now):
• Cream of Pumpkin Soup: From master chef Alain Ducasse but super simple.
• Pumpkin Spice Pancakes: A birthday treat for my October-born husband.
• Rustic Fig Crostata: An elegant and not too sweet finish to a meal.
• Pumpkin Pecan Crunch Muffins
• Hot Buttered Apple Cider with Rum: A delightful mash-up of hot buttered rum and cider.
• Aperol Bourbon Sour: The perfect cocktail to bridge summer and fall.